Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!


What did I do for the 4th? I went to the lake, for Pete's sake...this is Minnesota, we "head for the lake" at the drop of a hat. Which one of these boats is mine? The big one in the middle, the bigger one on the end, or the little geezer? The correct answer is...

NONE of these, fooled ya!

(I am the only Minnesotan who does not own a boat. You can be poor, you can be living under a bridge, you can be facing bankruptcy, but if you live in Minnesota, you must own a boat. Or at least say you do. If you don't have a boat, you can say you own a cabin. Either statement qualifies you as a True Minnesotan. And the great thing is, neither has to be anywhere near you, so who's to know any different?)


Then I went for an ice cream cone.

It was a lovely day and I spent it filled with gratitude. (and chocolate raspberry ice cream.)

No comments: