Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bonny




I have to tell you about my friend Bonny Belgum. She just wrote a glowing review of my work in her blog www.bonnysamerica.com and flattered the living daylights out of me. My head swelled up til my headband nearly popped off.

Now I'm going to tell you about how fabulous she is, because if you don't read her columns, articles and latest book, Cut the Woman Some Slacks you are missing out! Bonny is a writer who sees the humor and absurdity of everyday events and conveys her vision in a manner that is absolutely hilarious. I met Bonny when I read her article in the Opinion section of my home town paper, The Star Tribune. It was an article about Keith Richards and her reaction to seeing a photograph of him. The odd thing is, I had the identical experience and reaction several years ago. But she described it in a way that made me laugh so hard that I had to stop and blow my nose and dab my eyes not once but numerous times. She's that funny! Here's the article - Bonny Belgum: Sympathy for ...

So I emailed her my appreciation for her outlook on life and our friendship began. I think a collaboration is in the works. Stay tuned!

No comments: