Thursday, January 17, 2008

IF- Flying





Detail

Detail
SOLD

When I saw that the theme for Illustration Friday was "flying", this collage immediately came to mind. I created this last year, but it remains one of my favorites, and in fact, I incorporated the flying dog into my logo. Although I thought I had nothing swirling around in my brain as I assembled this piece, when I look at it now, it seems to incorporate a state of mind I would love to embrace perpetually: the imagination and spontaneity of youth, with the companionship of my loyal and protective friends hovering near me!

6 comments:

Artsnark said...

fun piece - love the whimsy

jcdillustration said...

Kind of like: Dorothy-meets-Annie-meets-Madeline! Very fun!

studio lolo said...

Fantastic work and fun style!!

Andree Tracey said...

Thank you all for your nice comments - I very much appreciate it!

NANCY LEFKO said...

very cute piece...so lively !!!

Andree Tracey said...

Thanks, Nancy!