Monday, September 13, 2010

A Digital Sketch



I got so confused and frustrated working with all the elements that may go into this collage that I wanted to pick up the panel with all the cut out pieces resting on top of it and throw the whole mess out the window. But then I decided to use my computer and do a digital rendition as a "rough sketch" and play with the sizing and the colors and elements in this manner.

Oddly enough, my initial idea was of simplicity. But I can't seem to stay austere, since the theme is one of excess! Hmmmm. Still haven't resolved it. It looks so prim and precise. Need to wrestle with it some more. Maybe instead of trying to wrestle it to the ground, I should just turn and walk away. Do something else. Then maybe it would come creeping back to me with a resolution in hand.....

No comments: