Saturday, November 14, 2009

And the Winner Is....


Minnesota Medicine Magazine Cover, July 2008


DETAIL

I can't resist posting this, although I posted it last year after completing the collage. I was just notified that this cover that I did for the publication Minnesota Medicine Magazine won a Silver Award for Best Single Cover for Associations in the Minnesota Magazine & Publication Awards ceremony last week. Yee haw! Am I happy? Yes, I am happy!

P.S. The doctor's bag is painted and the physician is a compilation of various magazine and vintage photo fragments all pieced together to form one figure. The theme was an announcement of the winners of the annual writing contest for physicians, hence all those words flying out of the bag.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I just love it, Andree. I am happy for you, too.

Chanel said...

That's an awesome picture. Congrats on winning.

Andree Tracey said...

Thank you and thank you to Donna and Chanel!

Sarah Grant (Anderl) said...

Congrats, Andree!!! What a great cover.