Thursday, August 6, 2009

Old Friends






Recently, four of my friends surprised me on my birthday. I thought I was going to dinner with one friend, and when I got to the restaurant, the waitress took us to a booth, and there sat three more of my friends, one from out of state! They were all grinning like cats who had just swallowed canaries. I was so surprised it took me all evening and lots of wine to get over my shock! The funny thing was, only two of them knew each other, and that included my friend from out of state, so it was a major email project for them to co-ordinate this surprise for me. I was so touched. I totally love and adore my friends. They see me as I really am, they have held my hand through all the ups and downs of my complicated life, and they love me unconditionally. I've been blessed with a family that also loves me unconditionally too, but you know how it is with families...they are........your family. Your family tends not to appreciate the same things about you that your friends find will find amusing/shocking/admirable.

The evening was filled with good food and lots of laughter and ended with the waitress presenting me with a birthday cake (actually, a yummy fruit thingie, a tart? I can't remember...) with a giant roman candle sprouting a fountain of sparkles that lit up the booth. It was the perfect ending to the perfect birthday.

By the way, this is a VINTAGE postcard - THESE ARE NOT MY FRIENDS. I AM NOT IN THIS PICTURE. I am not this old. Really.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I love that your friends did that for you. Every one loves that "loved and do anything for you" moments! Happiest B-day, Andree!