Sunday, May 3, 2009

ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY- Idle




Detail


This is an older post, but I thought it worked well with this week's Illustration Friday theme. This little girl looks like she has lots of time on her hands as well as a flamingo in her arms!

Sometimes when I'm working on a collage, it just seems to make itself without any help from me. It's like driving a car with a destination vaguely in mind, when all of a sudden some mysterious force takes control of the steering wheel, and I just sit there with my hands folded in my lap and say, Wow, how did that happen? I was planning on putting a crown on the flamingo (I just adore crowns, I desperately want one for myself) when all of a sudden the scrap of paper that I cut out turned into a basket, and the next thing I remembered was a tiny dragonfly that was waiting on the sidelines. And there you go!

8 comments:

Donna said...

Hey, maybe the dragonfly showed up because I'd love to be there to watch you work. I think it is "lucky" it got a place in your work! Love it!

studio lolo said...

Serendipity! I love your whimsy :)

Lins Artyblobs said...

yes it does work well for 'idle'

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL! I really love the colors and textures. Great work.

Anonymous said...

Nice combination of media!

ArtSparker said...

Dreaminess.

Andree Tracey said...

Thank you,thank you, thank you all for your comments!

Unknown said...

all children should have idle days in the world of make believe! your illu really captures that! x