Monday, June 23, 2008

Maggie and Aphrodite


I sold my "Aphrodite Goes to the Mall of America" painting during my Art-a-Whirl studio sale last month. Maggie here is the delightful new owner. When I delivered the painting to her home, I was treated to a visual feast: her own paintings as well as others adorned the walls inside her home, and her garden outside was a magical world of artistic surprises!


I forgot my glasses, so I was staring into the camera blindly. Pardon my blurriness! I really loved Maggie's hat stand, a reindeer (or was it a carribou?) with huge antlers. Don't worry, the deer is made totally of fabric, and was acquired from a clothing store that was going out of business.


Now we are in the garden. Maggie stands under a crossroad sign, on the corner of "Liberty" and "River Road". She said it was symbolic of the day she quit her job.


Isn't this a lovely bouquet of bowling balls and pink flamingos? Perfect finishing touch for the garden that has everything. And it did too - a potting studio, a sunken bathtub filled with flowers, grapes growing over trellises, sculptures of every size and material in every location....it was so inspiring and magical!

No comments: