Friday, April 25, 2008

ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY - Wrinkles



I still remember the shock of seeing the first wrinkle (many many years ago). I was sitting in the passenger side of my boyfriend's car, waiting for him to return from an errand. I pretended to adjust the rear view mirror, but really, I was checking my 24-year-old face to be sure it was all there, ready to make any emergency adjustments before my handsome new boyfriend returned. And there it was. MY FIRST WRINKLE, nestled between my my eyebrows. I could never adjust that. How did that happen, I wondered. And I am wondering that every day still, as I look into the mirror, finding new daily surprises. How did that happen???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth! We think we'll never age and join the "invisable grey hairs" , but we do. I'm there, and for the life of me ,can't remember how I got here. I love your collage, its simple, yet has a profound human message, one that spoke to me. Will continue to check your site and can't wait to see more. Suzi

pRiyA said...

i like the twist that you've given to this week's topic. nice!

NANCY LEFKO said...

great piece, great post and the background is so perfect for it !